WGRC is hiring! See all job openings below.
Applications can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 393
Chesterland, OH 44026
Download application form here.
CAMP DIRECTOR and ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
WGRC is looking for a Day Camp Director and Assistant Director to run their ten to eleven week summer day camp program. The day camp is available for children entering kindergarten through 8th grade and is located adjacent to the West Geauga Middle School. The campground is fifteen wooded acres with a covered pavilion, heated swimming pool, volleyball court, soccer field, basketball courts, an arts and crafts pavilion, and playgrounds. Each two week session has different themes and activities to go with those themes. Daily activities also include arts and crafts, sports, hiking, swimming under supervision of licensed lifeguards, special guests, and entertainment.
Qualifications for these positions include a background in education or experience in working with children. A degree in education is preferred, but not required. Candidate must be innovative, extremely organized, and hands-on. Fingerprint background check required. Must be American Red Cross certified First Aid / CPR / AED before camp starts in June. Pay commensurate with experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Interviewing, hiring, scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of life guards and camp counselors
- Coordinating required trainings for camp staff
- Responsible for the safety of all campers and staff
- Planning age appropriate daily activities, weekly field trips, bi-weekly themes, and special programs
- Processing camp registrations, payment, and paperwork
- Creating and maintaining a camp budget
- Purchasing and ordering camp materials while staying within the WGRC approved budget
- Coordinating and communicating with the WGRC Executive board
- Documentation of camp activities
- Communication with parents and guardians of campers
- Attending monthly WGRC meetings and quarterly WGRC Executive Board meetings
- Maintaining campground and camp materials
- Work with the WRGC Executive Board to promote and market the camp
Hours: May vary but typically Monday - Friday 8:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m. with a half hour lunch break.
Responsibilities include: guiding a group of children in organized activities while ensuring their safety and well-being, maintaining a clean, safe camping environment and a friendly outgoing personality is a must. Lifeguard certification is a plus but not mandatory.
Please send questions and resume to email@example.com.
CERTIFIED WSI LIFE GUARD
Must have a current life guard certification and be CPR Certified.
Hours: Monday-Friday 10:00am-6:00pm, Some Evenings and Weekends
Responsible for ensuring the safety of all swimmers at the WGRC Pool. Must work to help prevent and respond to emergencies, teaching swimming lessons, and maintain constant surveillance of pool and surrounding areas. Performs various maintenance duties as directed by the Head Lifeguard and Camp Directors. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Clean locker rooms, pool and deck as needed to maintain a clean and safe experience for the children. Enforce all Pool rules, policies and regulations.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
WGRC is looking for referees for their soccer games. In order to be a ref in the WGRC league, you must be interested in promoting the love of the game of soccer with the youth of our community. Ideal candidates include current and former players, "soccer moms and dads", and anyone interested in teaching youth the rules of the game. Training classes will be made available, as all referees must hold a Grade 9 referee certification.
People who are interested should contact email@example.com.